Logo

03 日 マニラ

32°C25°C
両替レート
¥10,000=P3,800
$100=P5,710

03 日 マニラ

32°C25°C
両替レート
¥10,000=P3,800
$100=P5,710

English Articles

2023/10/24 英字

The Philippine National Police (PNP) said Monday that the number of Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan candidates in Abra who withdrew from next week's elections reached 250.

In a press briefing, PNP Deputy Chief for Administration Lt. Gen. Rhodel Sermonia said they had a meeting with Abra officials who mentioned the reasons for the withdrawal of candidates.

“First, they had an agreement with the elders for them to withdraw. Some do not have enough money to spend during the campaign period and others say they might be threatened. So these are the various reasons that have yet to be validated,” Sermonia told reporters.

Last week, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) said it received an initial report that a candidate running for barangay councilor in Bucay town was shot dead.

The Philippine National Police added that they rescued the wife of a barangay captain in Bucay after she was abducted in Paranaque last Oct. 18.

The woman was abducted so that her husband, who is running as a barangay chairman in the elections, will pull out. But police were able to rescue her. The PNP said they will investigate this case. Jaspearl Tan/DMS

おすすめ記事

US State Dept. approves ''possible'' sale of F-16 fighter jets

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料

Four Filipinos still missing in Myanmar: OWWA

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料

Palace says Imee can hold hearing on Duterte arrest even without Cabinet members

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料

AC Ventures sells of shares in GCash to Mitsubishi Corp.

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料

Chinese research vessel spotted near Aborlan, Palawan

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料

Than 21,000 public buildings in Metro Manila need retrofitting: DPWH

2025/4/3 英字 無料
無料