The National Capital Region Police Office administratively relieved the director of the Eastern Police District Friday night after police officers assigned with the district operations unit allegedly stole around P75 million in cash and valuables of a Chinese national in Las Pinas City.
Maj. Gen. Anthony Aberin, NCRPO director, relieved Brig. Gen. Villamor Tuliao. The EPD covers Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina and San Juan.
Aberin said this to conduct an impartial investigation on the allegations against the police officers who were involved in the raid on the victim’s house in Barangay Amanza Dos last Wednesday.
Aberin said the deputy district director for administration is managing the EPD’s daily operations as officer-in-charge
Tuliao was among the senior police officials who were promoted to the next rank last week.
Aberin said the officers, four staff sergeants, two corporals and two patrolmen, underwent inquest before the Las Pinas prosecutor’s office where they were given criminal complaints for serious illegal detention, unlawful arrest and robbery.
Aberin said the police officers kept Tuliao in the dark. The group’s pre-operations clearance, Aberin said, was only signed by a police captain. DMS