Logo

29 日 マニラ

32°C24°C
両替レート
¥10,000=P3,730
$100=P5,850

29 日 マニラ

32°C24°C
両替レート
¥10,000=P3,730
$100=P5,850

DOLE extends P35 million to OFWs affected by travel ban to China, Hong Kong , Macau

2020/2/11 英字

The Department of Labor and Employment has extended P35 million as financial assistance to thousands of overseas Filipino workers who were affected by a travel ban imposed by the government to those going to China, Hong Kong and Macau.

In a press briefing in Malacanang, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said that so far those returning OFWs in Hong Kong have not yet lost their job.

"Actually, there is no basis yet to say that the employment of these returning OFWs have been affected because we got verified information from our labor attaché in Hong Kong that the employers of our overseas workers there granted extension of vacation of our OFWs. So as to a possible unemployment, there's none yet," he said.

As of Friday, he said DOLE has given P35 million to the OFWs who were barred from returning to their work abroad.

"We immediately gave financial assistance of ten thousand (pesos) per overseas worker and as of Friday, we already extended thirty-five million pesos to three thousand five hundred OFWS, but that is also growing every day," Bello said.

On February 2, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered a ban to all Filipinos from traveling to China and its special administrative regions, such as Hong Kong and Macau, due to the spread of deadly novel coronavirus. Foreigners coming from these places were also barred from entering the Philippines.

Local carriers also temporarily halted their flights in those areas.

Bello said the travel ban will continue until the situation improves.

Quoting Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, Bello said that there would be observation period of two weeks.

"He (Duque) said that if that situation worsens, then it (travel ban) stays; but if it improves - meaning the problem on coronavirus would not worsen - they might recommend the lifting of the travel ban," he said. Celerina Monte/DMS

おすすめ記事

DA chief slams ex-solon Zaldy Co’s claims as ‘fabricated lies’

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Marcos, BSP governor discuss economic outlook; recovery expected by 2026

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Senate restores Office of the Vice President budget for 2026 without objection

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

Philippine Fleet hosts JMSDF contingent for goodwill visit

2025/11/29 英字 無料
無料

AFP stresses need to keep country stable amid political noises

2025/11/28 英字 無料
無料

Ex-congressman claims First Lady involved in rice smuggling

2025/11/28 英字 無料
無料